Topics

Where Do We Send Corrections?

Chris Smart

Hi.

I'm finding quite a few repeaters in my area listings that are either no longer on the air, or have switched modes entirely. Where should I send info like this so Repeaterbook can be more accurate?

Chris

Check out The Making Better podcast, interviewing some of the world's finest thinkers, discussing an optimistic vision of the future.
https://www.makingbetterpod.com/

Bernd - OE Admin (OE7BSH)

Log into the website repeaterbook.com  and request an update at the
reperater listing there

Also the apps have update-buttons.

73 de Bernd, OE7BSH
--
==================================
repeaterbook.com admin for OE/DL/HB9/IK/HA/ES/YL/C3/Z3/9A

On 03.12.2019 17:29, Chris Smart wrote:
Hi.

I'm finding quite a few repeaters in my area listings that are either
no longer on the air, or have switched modes entirely. Where should I
send info like this so Repeaterbook can be more accurate?

Chris

Check out The Making Better podcast, interviewing some of the world's
finest thinkers, discussing an optimistic vision of the future.
https://www.makingbetterpod.com/

Chris Smart

ok, thanks.

I guess I should have investigated a little further. HI HI

At 03:18 PM 12/3/2019, you wrote:
[...]

KE4OLE

Chris,

         What you need to do is go to that repeater listing and submit a list of corrections for the repeater.  If there is a Repeaterbook Administrator for your province, either VA3TE, in Ontario, or VE2TMQ, in Quebec, they will receive an email showing what changes you want made and they will update the listing for you.

73 Jeff KE4OLE

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'm finding quite a few repeaters in my area listings that are either

no longer on the air, or have switched modes entirely. Where should I

send info like this so Repeaterbook can be more accurate?

Chris

Check out The Making Better podcast, interviewing some of the world's

finest thinkers, discussing an optimistic vision of the future.

https://www.makingbetterpod.com/

Chris Smart

Awesome. Thanks Jeff! I'll do that.

73,
Chris

At 03:28 PM 12/3/2019, you wrote:
Chris,
         What you need to do is go to that repeater listing and submit a list of corrections for the repeater.  If there is a Repeaterbook Administrator for your province, either VA3TE, in Ontario, or VE2TMQ, in Quebec, they will receive an email showing what changes you want made and they will update the listing for you.

73 Jeff KE4OLE

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'm finding quite a few repeaters in my area listings that are either
no longer on the air, or have switched modes entirely. Where should I
send info like this so Repeaterbook can be more accurate?

Chris

Check out The Making Better podcast, interviewing some of the world's
finest thinkers, discussing an optimistic vision of the future.
https://www.makingbetterpod.com/

KE4OLE

If that somehow fails and you don’t get an email that your submitted changes have been made, get up with Garrett, KD6KPC, who owns the site, and ask him to do it.  However, if your Province Administrator receives your request, they should make them because the site is designed to email the state/province Administrator of repeater edit requests.

[...]

By the way, Chris, if you will check your email, I have sent  something that I think will help.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

         What you need to do is go to that repeater listing and submit a list of corrections for the repeater.  If there is a Repeaterbook Administrator for your province, either VA3TE, in Ontario, or VE2TMQ, in Quebec, they will receive an email showing what changes you want made and they will update the listing for you.

73 Jeff KE4OLE

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I'm finding quite a few repeaters in my area listings that are either
no longer on the air, or have switched modes entirely. Where should I
send info like this so Repeaterbook can be more accurate?

Chris

Check out The Making Better podcast, interviewing some of the world's
finest thinkers, discussing an optimistic vision of the future.
https://www.makingbetterpod.com/

Chris Smart

Yep, thanks for that!

At 05:02 PM 12/3/2019, you wrote:
[...]

You’re welcome.  I hope it helps.  That is what the next step is after you submit your request.  The Administrator for the U.S. State or Canadian Province will see that and log in to make those submissions.