Topics

Radio Memory Module to be discontinued

Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC)

The Radio Memory Module will be discontinued on January 31, 2020. If you use that module, please begin using the My Favorites Module instead.

https://www.repeaterbook.com/wiki/doku.php?id=favorite

Sorry, that looks terrible…

The Radio Memory module will be discontinued on January 31, 2021. If you use that module, please transfer your repeaters over to the My Favorites module.

You can learn more about the My Favorites module at https://www.repeaterbook.com/wiki/doku.php?id=favorite

We are also reaching out to each person who used the module via individual email.

Garrett Dow, KD6KPC/WREQ745

Site Admin/Owner

Social icon Social icon Social icon Social icon Social icon Social icon  PayPal-acceptance-mark-picture 

outofdate-badge

From: repeaterbook@repeaterbook.groups.io <repeaterbook@repeaterbook.groups.io> On Behalf Of Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) via groups.io
Sent: Friday, December 11, 2020 10:07 AM
To: repeaterbook@repeaterbook.groups.io
Subject: [repeaterbook] Radio Memory Module to be discontinued

The Radio Memory Module will be discontinued on January 31, 2020. If you use that module, please begin using the My Favorites Module instead.

I have found a way to move the current radio memory channels to the My Favorites module in an automated way. That will be occurring over the weekend automatically.

This move over has been completed. Went easier than I anticipated. If you had a repeater in a memory channel slot in the Radio Memory module, it’s now been moved over to the Favorite Repeater module. Whenever the repeater is displayed on a search result page or a detail page and it’s a favorite, a heart 🖤will be displayed on the page. You can manage your Favorites by going to the dashboard. There is a link on the home page and in the menus on most pages. 

Regards,

-Garrett, KD6KPC

On Dec 11, 2020, at 10:51, Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) via groups.io <garrettdow@...> wrote:

I have found a way to move the current radio memory channels to the My Favorites module in an automated way. That will be occurring over the weekend automatically.

GTGallop - N5MKH Arizona Admin

Just took it for a spin.  NICE JOB!  Much easier than the other way of doing things.

Question - is it shareable?  Like if I was the Comm's Officer for a club, (Off Road Ham Radio) could I build a list of favorites that we all use and make it available to the group so they could all load the same repeaters in their rigs?

That’s actually something I was thinking about! Let me put some more thought into how to do that. I was also thinking about other community lists, like someone traveling between Houston and Dallas and a list of the DMR repeaters to use. Stuff like that. 

Regards,

-Garrett

On Jan 19, 2021, at 05:01, GTGallop - N5MKH Arizona Admin via groups.io <Greg.Gallop@...> wrote:

Just took it for a spin.  NICE JOB!  Much easier than the other way of doing things.

Question - is it shareable?  Like if I was the Comm's Officer for a club, (Off Road Ham Radio) could I build a list of favorites that we all use and make it available to the group so they could all load the same repeaters in their rigs?