Topics

Details Page Test

Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC)

We are resting a new Details page format that we would like to invite you to try. We are adding back the map to the details page. Currently, the map is behind another link because Google charges for using their maps on the site now. To keep costs down, we have been experimenting with OpenStreet Maps. There have been mixed reviews for the OpenStreet Map vs the Google Map, especially as far as readability and detail, but free is free (and so is Repeaterbook). So, is this map better than nothing?

If you would like to see an example of the page we are testing, click the link below. It includes the location of the repeater, a coverage circle, and propagation reports. The propagation reports are clickable to see more details about them and they gradient a little depending on the reported S-value.

https://www.repeaterbook.com/repeaters/details_test.php?state_id=41&ID=379

Thank you and 73,

Garrett, KD6KPC
Repeaterbook.com Owner

John KD8DVR

On 2/16/2019 15:32, Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) wrote:
[...]

Looks good to me. The map is fine in my opinion... especially since it
is free.

Rick Harkins WØYGH

It is certainly good enough. The map looks 'fuzzy' and soft. Makes me adjust my glasses. Also, the range circle makes the details underneath harder to read. Perhaps make it a bit more transparent?

Since this isn't something I'd be using to navigate with or look at continuously, free is good.

73,
Rick Harkins WØYGH

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 2:32 PM Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) <garrettdow@...> wrote:
[...]

I reduced the coverage circle opacity for 20%.

Garrett, KD6KPC

[...]

Steve Black

I like the new maps. Many are switching to OSM mapping as the price is right and the data base is updated often. Steve kb1chu

On 2/16/2019 3:36 PM, John KD8DVR wrote:

[...]

I like the additional transparency of the circle.

On Sat, Feb 16, 2019 at 3:14 PM Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) <garrettdow@...> wrote:

[...]

Lloyd Colston <colstonl@...>

Using Google Chrome on iOS Phone, the open streets map works best.

Lloyd
--
Lloyd Colston KC5FM

Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC)

Thank you for everyone’s feedback. The update has been pushed to all repeater listings worldwide.

73,

Garrett, KD6KPC blue_red_small

RepeaterBook.com Site Admin/Owner

Get the RepeaterBook app in the App Store and on Google Play.

IO Group: https://repeaterbook.groups.io/g/repeaterbook

Twitter: https://twitter.com/repeaterbook

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/repeaterbook

Instagram: http://instagram.com/repeater_book

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/repeaterbook/

[...]

Should also mention, there is still a link on the page to the Google Map. Some folks prefer to be able to see the detail that the Google Map offers or the terrain mode. That link is still available and will maintain it as long as we can stay in budget with Google.

[...]

Scott Berry N7ZIB MN Admin

Garett,

Is there a way on the detail page if we are using a screen reader that it can just not see the Google link as those of us who are blind don't even use Google maps on web sites as there is n't a whole heck of a lot of text in Google Maps.

On 2/16/2019 5:55 PM, Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) wrote:

[...]

Check the propagation reports. I just added one and it is not displaying.

On 2/16/2019 19:45, Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) wrote:
Thank you for everyone’s feedback. The update has been pushed to all
repeater listings worldwide.

Justin Reed - MO Admin (NV8Q)

I tried a minute ago and it's not working for me either. Using Chrome on Windows 7.

On 2/17/2019 12:02 PM, John KD8DVR wrote:
Check the propagation reports. I just added one and it is not displaying.

On 2/16/2019 19:45, Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) wrote:
Thank you for everyone’s feedback. The update has been pushed to all
repeater listings worldwide.

--
LXXIII

Justin, NV8Q

John KD8DVR

Yeah, old reports show up fine... just new ones don't show up. Firefox
user here.

On 2/17/2019 13:03, Justin Reed - MO Admin (NV8Q) wrote:
I tried a minute ago and it's not working for me either. Using Chrome on
Windows 7.

On 2/17/2019 12:02 PM, John KD8DVR wrote:
Check the propagation reports.  I just added one and it is not
displaying.

On 2/16/2019 19:45, Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) wrote:
Thank you for everyone’s feedback. The update has been pushed to all
repeater listings worldwide.

Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC)

Thank for the report. I’ll check the logs. Will be a few hours.

Regards,

-Garrett

On Feb 17, 2019, at 10:04, John KD8DVR <jlwilkers@...> wrote:

Yeah, old reports show up fine... just new ones don't show up. Firefox
user here.

On 2/17/2019 13:03, Justin Reed - MO Admin (NV8Q) wrote:
I tried a minute ago and it's not working for me either. Using Chrome on
Windows 7.

On 2/17/2019 12:02 PM, John KD8DVR wrote:
Check the propagation reports. I just added one and it is not
displaying.

On 2/16/2019 19:45, Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) wrote:
Thank you for everyone’s feedback. The update has been pushed to all
repeater listings worldwide.

John KD8DVR

Did you take a look yet? Still doesn't appear to be working.

On 2/17/2019 13:05, Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) wrote:
Thank for the report. I’ll check the logs. Will be a few hours.

Regards,

-Garrett
On Feb 17, 2019, at 10:04, John KD8DVR <jlwilkers@...> wrote:

Yeah, old reports show up fine... just new ones don't show up. Firefox
user here.

On 2/17/2019 13:03, Justin Reed - MO Admin (NV8Q) wrote:
I tried a minute ago and it's not working for me either. Using Chrome on
Windows 7.

On 2/17/2019 12:02 PM, John KD8DVR wrote:
Check the propagation reports. I just added one and it is not
displaying.

On 2/16/2019 19:45, Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) wrote:
Thank you for everyone’s feedback. The update has been pushed to all
repeater listings worldwide.

Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC)

No. Will do in about an hour. Sorry about the delay.

Regards,

-Garrett

On Feb 19, 2019, at 14:18, John KD8DVR <jlwilkers@...> wrote:

[...]

Problem is fixed.

Garrett

[...]

Works great, thanks :)

On 2/19/2019 19:11, Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) wrote:
Problem is fixed.