From: repeaterbook@repeaterbook.groups.io <repeaterbook@repeaterbook.groups.io> On Behalf Of Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC) via Groups.Io
Sent: Saturday, March 2, 2019 7:34 AM
To: repeaterbook@repeaterbook.groups.io
Subject: [repeaterbook] CDN Activated

Repeaterbook.com is now testing a Content Delivery Network (CDN) which should improve website performance and speed. This is a test, so I am looking for feedback. If you notice a speed difference, please let me know. It should be getting faster over the next 12 hours as the DNS reroutes through the CDN and the page caching populates.

I have also been under attack by bots trying to hack the site. This puts additional strain on the server and puts the data at risk. The new CDN also monitors for this type of activity and blocks it.

This just started this morning, so as the day goes on, more users will benefit from the speed. If this test proves its benefit, I will upgrade to the paid plan and see if we can squeeze even more performance.

Thank you for your support,

Garrett, KD6KPC
Repeaterbook.com Owner

Garrett Dow - Site Admin/Owner (KD6KPC)

Our CDN test is going well. Page loads are faster and mobile devices are seeing better performance.

The site did block 2,441 hack attempts in the last 24 hours. 800 in the last hour alone. The firewall is doing a good job. That being said, CHIRP imports seem to have broken, may be related to the firewall settings. We are working on the issue. RT Systems was down for a time, but now seem to be working fine.

Please report any other issues you may be seeing.

Garrett, KD6KPC